Bet you didn’t know that….
- The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows! Did the genius da Vinci do this on purpose? Well some experts say that both her eyebrows and eyelashes eroded over time. Nevertheless, the absence of eyebrows did nothing to detract from this mysterious lady’s enigmatic smile.
- Unibrows were seen as a sign of intelligence. In fact in some cultures it’s seen as a very attractive quality. For women, it’s a sign of virginity and purity, while for men, it signifies virility. Take note too that the Unibrow Movement is gaining traction and becoming a new standard of beauty.
- The average life span of an eyebrow is 4 months. That’s how much time it takes for an eyebrow hair to fall out and get replaced with a new one.
- Your eyebrows can have cowlicks. This usually happens when you have curly or wavy hair. When trimming the cowlick, make sure to trim it in the direction where the hairs are growing.
- Your eyebrows make your face more easily recognizable. In fact, studies show that people had more difficulty identifying someone they knew when that person had no eyebrows.
- The shape of your eyebrows say a lot about you. Curved eyebrows mean you are people-oriented. You can only understand problems through real-world examples. Straight eyebrows mean a person is direct, logical, detail-priented and analytical. Angled eyebrows belong to people who like to be correct and in control.